Quarter Field Type for Jira Cloud
Say goodbye to the guesswork of delivery dates! With Quarter Custom Field Type, you can easily create fields which contain drop down lists of quarters spanning a calendar year range.
Use this custom field in Jira to plan your work using Calendar quarters.
This is particularly useful when you cannot commit to an actual date, but you know roughly in what quarter of the year or future year you are targeting.
Your Jira Admin can create a custom field with this type, and simple specify the start and end year. The app will populate the drop down list with the quarter labels in the form of QQ-YYYY e.g. Q1-2022, Q2-2022, …Q4-2023.
You can then create fields such as Target Quarter, Planned Quarter, Release Quarter etc.
You can also search using JQL. In the following examples, we have a field called Release Quarter.
- to match the quarter name use the Quarter field property.
- “Release Quarter.Quarter” = Q3-2022
- to use the built in JQL date functions or date comparisons we can reference the properties StartDate and EndDate.
- “Release Quarter.StartDate” > endOfMonth()
- “Release Quarter.EndDate” > startOfMonth(-1)